The Judicial Board is the Judicial Branch of the Student Association at Binghamton University. It is the the body that handles cases involving grievances among SA organizations. Our primary goal is to uphold the values instilled within the Student Association Constitution. We do this by holding hearings for organizations or individuals who have filed a grievance and reviewing newly passed legislation in Congress.
The primary function of the Judicial Board is to review legislation passed by Congress and either uphold or reject it according to the Student Association Constitution. In addition, J-Board may also uphold or reject decisions and actions by student organizations that have been brought in for review through a formal grievance. The resulting decision takes into consideration both the SA Constitution and that respective group’s constitution.
Justices are listed in order of term expiry, which is listed after each name.
Chief Justice: Kaya Kadlubowski (Fall 2021 – May 2025)
Vice Chief Justice: Noah Hickok (Fall 2022 – May 2024)
- Joseph Brugellis (May 2023 – May 2025)
- Skylar Powe (May 2023 – May 2025)
- Liam Watts (May 2023 – May 2025)
Official decisions from cases heard by the SA Judicial Board will be published here as soon as they’re received and can be found below:
- 2023.03.26: Victoria Barics v. Nora Monasheri Decision
- 2023.03.19: Sean Harrigan v. B.U. Pipe Dream Decision
- 2023.03.14: Blakeslee v. EJ Committee Decision
- 2021.04.23 – Caroline Sndleitner v. SA Elections & Judiciary Committee – Joint Grievance Board Decision
- 2020.10.23 – Craig D. Sprect v. Anime Club Decision
- 2017.02.10 – SnoCats Sky and Snowboard Club v. Internal Affairs Committee Decision
- 2016.11.30 – Jonathan Evan Tobin v. PRE Decision & Order
- 2016.05.13 – Katarzyna Zanko v Binghamton Ballroom Dance Association Decision
- 2016.04.27 – Tesler v. Syed Decision