The Judicial Board is the Judicial Branch of the Student Association at Binghamton University. It is the the body that handles cases involving grievances among SA organizations. Our primary goal is to uphold the values instilled within the Student Association Constitution. We do this by holding trials by organizations or individuals who have filed a grievance and reviewing newly passed legislation in Congress.
The primary function of the Judicial Board is to review legislation passed by Congress and either uphold or reject it according to the Student Association Constitution. In addition, J-Board may also uphold or reject decisions and actions by student organizations that have been brought in for review through a formal grievance. The resulting decision takes into consideration both the SA Constitution and that respective group’s constitution.
Justices are listed in order of term expiry, which is listed after each name.
Chief Justice: Ewuraba (Baaba) Annan, (Present – May 2020)
- Laine Cohen (Present – May 2020)
- Nabil Tavares (Present – May 2021)
- Ezekiel Torres (Present – May 2021)
- Madeleine Maclean (Present – May 2021)
- Ilana Grossman (Present – May 2021)
- Emily Xu (Present – May 2021)
- Gregory Orlando (Present – May 2021)