The Student Association oversees more than 250 organizations at Binghamton University, with several more in the process of becoming recognized. If you’re interested in going through the chartering process to create a new organization, please consider the following:
- Is my club unique? (Are there existing clubs that are already similar)
- What value will my organization provide to the campus that is not already here? (Does your club provide anything that would improve student life?)
- Am I prepared to dedicate the time it will take to go through the chartering process? (Usually at least one semester)
If the answer to all the above is yes, then see below.
*The SA funds, but does not handle chartering for new Club Sports. For more information, please follow the instructions here.*
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Meet with the EVP assistant to discuss the intent to charter process, and receive your google drive folder.
- The EVP office requires the following documents to be uploaded to your folder:
- Intent to Charter form (upload as pdf)
- Charter Packet (upload as pdf)
- Signature Sheet (upload as pdf)
- Constitution (see Management Policies 7.6)
- 3 Executive Board Meeting minutes (including attendance)
- 3 General Body Meeting minutes (including attendance)
- Signed Event Planning Checklist from the EVP event planning advisor
- Email email@example.com
- Once documents have been received and approved by the office, they will be forwarded to the Internal Affairs (IA) committee of the Student Congress.
- IA will set up a meeting where you will present to the committee, and defend why your organization deserves to be chartered.
- After being approved by IA, meet with the EVP office for further steps.
*The EVP Office does not accept any physical submissions. Anything that’s not uploaded to the folder will not be accepted*
- Instructions (Downloadable PDF)
- Intent to Charter Form
- Charter Packet
- Signature Sheet
- Event Planning Checklist
- Sample Constitution
- SA Management Policies